Back to Back Issues Page
Do Not Let Your Pet Chew Cooling Collars!
August 16, 2007
Dear Fellow Dog Lover,

Warming about Crystals in Cooling Collars!

In my last newsletter, I wrote about cooling dog collars--the kind filled with crystals to help keep your pet cooler longer.

Here's what one of my readers wrote to share.

Jennifer, I am VERY familiar with this type of product.

DO NOT let a small child or pet chew on these ! ! The polymer crystals are not toxic BUT they swell up so much so fast they could hurt a small tummy. And because they absorb water, they will draw water from the intestines and could kill a baby or small dog. Also DO NOT make them COLD as cold makes the arteries contract and could cause a stroke on an overheated animal. Just wet will work, as it's the water evaporating that cools.

Thanks for sharing this with your readers. M

Thanks Marie of dawgonedogs.com for reminding us to be careful and not let our pets chew on these!

Your in health and treats,
Jennifer and Baggins
www.all-natural-dog-treat.com

Your stop for all-natural-dog-treat recipes and tips on improving your dog's health and happiness all naturally.

Know someone who would like this newsletter? Forward it to a friend.

Back to Back Issues Page